Sales teams can actively use sales force automation tools to automate repetitive tasks and become better at closing deals. Let’s understand what salesforce automation is and explore its benefits for the sales teams.
What is Salesforce Automation?
Salesforce Automation CRM is a software tool that automates parts of the sales process. Automation is mainly used for repetitive administrative tasks which are time-consuming and allows sales teams to focus only on the core activities. As per reports, 2/3rd of a sales representative’s time is usually spent on performing non-revenue generating tasks. By implementing a salesforce automation software, sales reps can focus on productive tasks such as selling.
The main features of a Salesforce automation system are opportunity management and contact management together with task management, diary sharing, and email integration. Salesforce automation is essentially a part of CRM that automatically records all stages of your sales process.
The Sales Force automation software usually automates tasks based on some inputs. Moreover, it can also include analytics and reporting tools. This helps sales managers to check metrics such as the sales performance of team members over a certain period.
What is the Purpose of Salesforce Automation
Salesforce automation tools usually assist the sales department in the selling process in the following three ways –
- Streamline the sales process: Team members may often forget to send follow-up emails or calls. However, salesforce automation tools will ensure following up on leads leading to a more efficient sales process.
- Automate repetitive tasks: Salesforce automation tools free up sales reps from repetitive administrative tasks and allow them to focus more on activities that will result in sales.
- Provide insight into the sales process: The analysis and reporting tools of a salesforce automation software provide insight into the effectiveness of a sales process. This enables managers to make adjustments and improve their performance.
Components of Salesforce Automation
Salesforce automation software comes with different tools that perform different tasks. Some of the components of salesforce automation software include –
- Automate the sales process: By automating the administrative parts of the sales process, organizations can focus on the core sale activities. For example, businesses can set up automation for contacting leads through emails. Moreover, automation helps to map out the steps accordingly which enables the sales reps to make the most effective actions at each stage.
- Alerts and activity tracking: Activity tracking enables sales reps to keep track of customers and leads them effectively through the buyer’s journey. By linking CRM to calendars or email clients, sales reps can understand the position of a client in the sales process. Moreover, some salesforce automation systems will automatically alert sales reps of the next steps they need to take. This will ensure that they take the right actions at the right time.
- Manage the sales pipeline: The sales pipeline can be set up using salesforce automation software to alert sales reps whenever a lead moves to the next step in the pipeline. This will simplify the process and ensure that team members take the correct actions to generate sales. Moreover, businesses can also use a dynamic sales pipeline to automatically update metrics such as opportunity close rate and projected revenue whenever a prospect moves down the pipeline. This will save managers from making reports manually and lead to greater operational efficiency.
- Schedule appointments seamlessly: Salesforce automation software comes with scheduling tools that make it easier for the sales department to schedule appointments with clients. The sales rep will send the lead a link to the scheduling software which will allow them to choose a time slot. The software will link up the schedule of the sales rep to ensure that the client books a slot only when the sales rep is free.
- Provide up-to-date reports: Salesforce automation software delivers reports on real-time metrics to help managers analyze how well the team is performing.
- Automatically assign leads: Businesses can set up processes within CRM software that will automatically assign prospects to the correct sales team member based on company metrics like location, size, industry, or simply based on how busy a sales rep is.
- Focus on the right prospects: Probably the best way to boost sales and productivity is by focussing on the right leads. If a business knows the characteristics of a good lead, it can use salesforce automation software to analyze a lead and how qualified the lead is based on certain metrics. This will ensure that sales reps focus only on qualified leads and don’t waste their time on leads that are not likely to convert.
ConvergeHub offers robust CRM software and powerful sales force automation to help organizations with everything they need to run effectively and grow. Whatever your CRM or sales process automation needs are, we can help you. Contact us today to know more.